Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hundreds of Waterbeds...for Cows




"At least four dairies in Oregon's Willamette Valley have bought into the "new thing" in dairy farming: buying water beds for their cows.
'There's four or five dairies in the Willamette Valley that have them. It's really beginning to catch on around here,' Kevin Krous with NW Dairy Service told KGW.
The cow water bed trend reportedly began in Minnesota but is now starting to catch on, on the West Coast. For example, the Van Loon Dairy has purchased more than 300 such beds for their cows, at a cost of more than $100,000.
"'As the cow gets ready to lie down, water moves to the front bag where her knees will come first therefore cushion it more. Less sores, less cows being stuck. Happier cows, happier milk," said Ben Van Loon.'"
-Eric Pfieffer (Yahoo)
Alright everyone just take a huge breath of relief.  How many nights have Americans been losing sleep over this?  I mean just last night I was thinking to myself, "You know what is a huge issue that needs to be solved in this country?  Fuckin' cows and their comfort."  
I mean haven't you already noticed lately?  I had a glass of milk the other day, and fuck... that milk just tastes so much...happier... I honestly don't know how we have survived before this genius idea.  What makes this even more amazing was that it costs a measly $100,000.  That's it!  What's that only about 200 regular mattresses, you know, for like...homeless people?  Nahhh, this is much more necessary.  I mean, people need that hint of happiness in their milk right?  
Actually, I think i'll stick to adding my own happiness to my milk in the form of coffee brandy, then go pass out in my bed that isn't even up to par for farm animals.  God Bless America.



No comments:

Post a Comment